Notice of Vacant Jenkins Independent Board of Education Seats
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applicants to be considered for appointment to the Jenkins Independent Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Jenkins Independent Board of Education representing
These vacancies were created because there were no candidates running on the ballot for these two positions.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until
- The November 2018 regular election.
This is a public service position and the people appointed will not be employed by the Jenkins Independent School District.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in the district;
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism laws;
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications should be completed and mailed by December 2, 2016.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 6-15 working days after the mail date. All qualified applications received before the interviews are scheduled will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from:
- Jenkins Independent Schools Board of Education Office at 269 Hwy 3036
- The Kentucky Depart of Education 502-564-4474 or
KDE website: http://education.ky.gov/district/legal/Pages/default.aspx
All applications must be mailed directly to: Commissioner of Education
5th Floor, 300 Building
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.